A set of three declining vertical dials each approximately 3x4 foot of carved Indiana Limestone set into the east, south and west facades of Hubbard Hall. Dial faces include hour lines and Arabic hour numerals. Each bronze gnomon rod is additionally supported at its end. The dials are not corrected for longitude and there is no EOT correction provided. With corrections, all three dials tell accurate time. The building south wall declines approximately 18? west of south.
Hubbard Hall, originally the Bowdoin College Library, was designed by Boston architect Henry Vaughn and completed in 1903. The sundials were part of the original building design.